Search This Blog

Life Lately #009



I wasn't planning on making a Life Lately post but with the unexpected luck that happened in my life lately I thought it would be nice to give you a quick peek. You know the drill with this kind of post, first is a review of my work, blog and personal life followed by a 5 Things Lately. 

Let's begin. 

PERSONAL

For June I decided to apply Miracle Morning in my life. I first learned about Miracle Morning from Kara of Boho Berry. She shared a very good post about it on her blog and though I've read it, it took me months before I finally decided to try it for myself. I put it first a project in My June Bullet Journal and added a tracker for my progress. The goal of Miracle Morning is to be as productive as possible before the usual work began. I'll write a separate post about this soon. 

Another thing that I am adding in my life is Morning Pages which I first learned in the YouTube Channel Lavendaire. Morning Pages work like a journal to brain dump your thoughts first thing in the morning. This can be a reflection of the day before, a gratitude log or a morning prayer. The goal of the Morning Pages is basically to clear out your brain from all these chaos. 

WORK

I guess this will be the last time I'll give a review when it comes to my work because I can't seem to find the right words to say. Also my work currently is very uninteresting so I might give the next Life Lately other category of my life to review. 

BLOG

I've hit quiet a milestone in my blogging life recently. I launched the Featured Blogger of the Week where I feature one blogger to share what's inside her makeup plus a quick Question and Answer portion at the end. Gecca of geccafrancisco.blogspot.com and Maj of themakeupinmanila.blogspot.com were my first two guests of honor. I'm looking forward to featuring other bloggers as well. 

At SavingsPinay I did a June Series after months of not providing one. The series is All About Multi-Level Marketing and you can find the link to all the posts HERE

Also don't forget to watch My New YouTube Video below:



Posts lately on IzzaGlino



1. StyleCon Asia Manila 

Last June 5 I met Bubz of Bubzbeauty during the recently concluded StyleCon Asia Manila. It was an unbelievable event for me. I met other local Pinay YouTubers like Ms. Abby Inocencio and Ms. Kris Lumagui. It was actually a two-day event and on the second day it was more of a workshop/seminar type where I met Kryz Uy of ThirstyThoughts. I enjoyed both days. You can find my Vlog of Day 1 HERE and My StyleCon Asia Manila Experience Here.



2. L'oreal Moist Matte Lipstick in Arabian Nights

I've been using this lipstick non-stop for the past weeks as my work day lip color and I love it. It glides so smoothly, the color is very rich plus it lasts good enough for the whole workday though I retouch after lunch of course. L'oreal Moist Matte Lipstick in Arabian Nights is more of a brownish dark red lipstick rather than My Beauty Treats Matte Glamour Lipstick in Instense which is a purplish red. READ: My Fashion21 All Day Matte in Sushi Review

3. Shawill Collagen BB Cream

Back when I'm still new to makeup and doing YouTube I bought and reviewed this Shawill Collagen BB Cream. It was love at first swatch. The shade number 3 is perfect for me and it really applies well on Pinay skin. I got a new one I think on my Recent Purchase Haul video and I haven't used it until the past two weeks. Still hands down to the quality of this BB Cream. It is one of the best local BB Cream for me. READ: My Local BB Cream Collection



4. BTS Concert in Manila

Another OMG moment is when I saw the post about Bangtan Boys concert at MOA Arena this July 30. I saw the price list for the tickets and I am spotting Upper Box B (1,500pesos only) and/or General Admission (1,000pesos only). I just wanted to be there in the concert and really fulfill my bucket list. You know I am a huge fan of Kpop bands and BTS has been one of my faves ever. I know each and every song they released and though I can't pronounce the words the beat is still there. My favorite from their new album has to be Save Me and Crow Tit (Baepsae). 



Colors of Freedom Fun Run + I WON AN AIRCON

Another amazing happening lately is the Colors of Freedom Fun Run I did on Independence Day, June 12. I ran together with Joseph from the Coffee Monday Barkada and of course BFF Nica. It was our first time to join a fun run and I'm not gonna lie we had breaks meaning we walked every now and then since ours is 5K. It was seriously intense. I had clips which I plan to make a video of but we'll still see. 




Anyhow, I won an aircon during the raffle at the end of the fun run. It was my first time to win something major and its a public event attended by about a thousand other runners. I literally had 1 out of 1,000 chance and I made it. It feels amazing to win something unexpectedly. We came to the event empty handed and now I have an aircon. Awesome!!!

That's it for my life lately. I hope you have a great and meaningful life lately too.

No comments