Search This Blog

Lazy Rainy Day Reading List - Philippines

You've read a lot of summer reading lists and book recommendations online. But since the weather here in the Philippines is the exact opposite... I thought it would be nice to create a list of books you can read on a lazy rainy day. PS. I still haven't found any local book blogger to connect with. If your beauty and lifestyle blog has book-related posts too in it please share your link in the comment section. I'd love to get to know you more.


Now prepare your hot coffee and cozy bed for the following Lazy Rainy Day Reading List - Philippines

Bridget Jones Dairy and Bridget Jones Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding

I haven't done a proper book review of these classic reads from her excellency Helen Fielding, but oh emm gee reading these will make you happy, giddy and slightly touch. The story of Bridget Jones has been every girl's story in today's dating scene. You just don't know anymore whether a guy likes you or not. Its a super good read and doesn't require that much energy. I bought the first book for only 20pesos and the months after I saw the second book, Edge of Reason for only 25pesos. I had these books since 2012 and I found myself rereading them every once in awhile if I want to get reminded by the good quotes inside.

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Another good book to read you're feeling uninspired one lazy rainy afternoon. The book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert will awaken your soul to do something in your life. This is another easy book to read and I bet you can finish it in one seating. It does give a lot of high drama and realities as well as revelation about life. Its filled with a lot of emotion from the sense of loss to winning big in life. Part of my To Buy List this 2016 is Elizabeth Garden's Big Magic and lately I couldn't find it in any book store here in Manila. Hmmm.. Hope its still available.


The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I know the book looks massive but I promise you'll find it hard to stop reading once you get started. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is an awesome read for when you want to have a taste of an incredible love story. Imagine meeting the love of your life at six years old when he is already 36. You are in an extraordinary reading experience once you indulge yourself in the pages of this great book. 

Paper Town by John Green

You might have seen the movie but the book is way better (as always). Its very light-weight but will still give you a soulful reading experience. The sense of mystery and comedic interactions in the books will entertain you. It teaches you to have a new view about love, about life, about chance, about expectations, about friendship and about loneliness. Its worth it in my opinion. READ: Went Crazy Over 36th Manila International Book Fair

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

I won't lie that the only reason I want to get my hands on this book is because the title is actually my exact birthday!!! November 9! What a coincidence, right? And this was a gift from my former OJTs which I shared HERE. Anyway, this book will touch your heart and has a big tendency to make cry specially towards the ending but the journey from start to finish will make you a happy reader. Colleen Hoover is a very new author for me and my book collection and I must probably start buying more of her books next time. 

I hope you enjoyed this quick list of books to read on a Lazy Rainy Day. 
Of course any book can bring you back to life. Happy reading!


1 comment

  1. Raining and Reading both makes such a beautiful combo! I too love to read my favourite novels specially romantic novels during rain and holding the mug of my favourite capucino coffee.

    ReplyDelete