Search This Blog

SOMETHING NEW | Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick


I tried to resist myself from buying any new makeup until I have used the products in my "recent buy" drawer. And I have to honestly tell you that they are piling up. From lip balm to BB cushion and other skincare items... there's just a ton of products waiting for me to try.

But as a makeup junkie I can't help myself. I was tempted once again to buy a matte lipstick to add on my current collection. The best part though is I received two other products for free because of an on-going promo. Today I'll introduce you to Avon's newest lipstick, the Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Red Supreme.


Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick

Avon stays as one of the most underrated makeup brand ever. To be honest I love their products so much and have used a couple of items that became part of my favorites. Take for example the Avon Super Shock Max Mascara and the Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Wild Berry

So when I stumble upon an Avon Kiosk in Festival Mall Alabang one Saturday afternoon I did not hesitate to try their Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick. The only available shades in the counter are Superb Wine, Wild Cherry, Coral Fever and Red Supreme but this lipstick line has eight more shades you can search online. 

I got the Red Supreme since Coral Fever doesn't match my style at all and both Superb Wine and Wild Cherry are almost the same color as my other matte lipsticks already. Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Red Supreme prove to be a perfect match because its not too bright of a red and not too extreme. This is my first real matte lipstick ever and my collection is silently cheering "Hooray!!!"


Can we just talk for a second about the fancy packaging this  Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Red Supreme has? It comes in a classy matte finish black plastic packaging. It looks and feels very fancy to be honest. The retail price of each bullet is 399pesos. On the pricey side I know but what led me to buy the product is because of the on-going promo the seller told me about. I got two other Avon products for my purchase which I was absolutely surprised. The seller said its the final day of the promo so I should definitely avail. 

Using the Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Red Supreme comes in absolute ease. It glides smoothly on the lips and mattifies in an instant. Its not super drying on the lips too which is a plus for me. I was also stunned by how light it feels on the lips considering its creaminess. It may, however, accentuate the dry lines on your lips especially if you haven't put on any lip balm.

I won't probably use this Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Red Supreme on a daily basis just because its not my kind of shade for every day but will definitely reserve this to events and special occasion. I saw on other countries that there are nude and brown shades and I wish it would be available in the Philippines too. I'll definitely buy them all. 

I'll conclude this post with the two free items I got from the promo:


Avon Ideal Oil Control Flawless Pressed Powder

This retails for 289pesos and yes I got it as a freebie!!! This Avon Ideal Oil Control Flawless Pressed Powder is so finely milled and blends effortlessly on back of my hand upon trial. This comes in a powder puff that I don't use since I love applying this with my mushroom brush from Landmark. The shade I got is a perfect match making it set extra natural-looking my face. I won't go into much detail about this since I plan to create a review post for you. 



Avon One Great Mascara

I also got this for free and its nice to always have extra mascara to try. The retail price is 150pesos which is very budget-friendly. Haven't worn this yet but looking the way the bristles of the mascara brush goes makes me believe that it would be great. Love it! 

I hope you enjoyed this quick post. I'll definitely create a review or use any of the product above in a YouTube videoso you'll see how good they work.

What do you think of this new matte lipstick from Avon? What makeup do you recommend the most from Avon?

No comments